on December 27, 2010
This was honestly the first book in at least 5 years that I've read cover to cover. Since I don't read too much, it probably took me longer than the average person, but I finished the 250 pages in about 3 long reading sessions.

The language level is probably high-school at a minimum, and an easy read for any 20- or 30-something. As a business person (especially an advertising person) I really enjoyed the insight into Timmy's work life and his successes. As a man, I really enjoyed Timmy's pursuit of the special lady. (The relationship that developed made me badly want to see a picture of her. And I would love to see her in video. She seems like so much fun.) As a dreamer, I appreciated Timmy's desire to accomplish his life-long goals.

The story itself is easy to follow along. And the various perspectives on various situations prevented any monotony in the book. After reading 215 pages, I had to stop to go to Church on Sunday. But upon leaving church all I wanted to do was get home and finish the story. I did feel that the story ended quickly, but perhaps a slower ending version would be too drawn out. What happened at the end was not at all what I had expected.

The author (this apparently is his first book) seems to have the ability to see average things from a completely unique perspective. And when you read his perspective you say to yourself, "Wow, I wish I could think that way." I would enjoy reading a book from this author such that it could be full of short stories, 2-3 pages, and each story is simply his perspective on something that is otherwise typical or mundane. Better yet, I would like him to write a story about my life so that I could see it in another way, maybe to motivate me, go after my goals, etc.

$10 for this book is a very smart investment.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink