Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bike!, December 14, 2007
This review is from: Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike (Sports)
I purchased this bike based on the reviews. It arrived quickly and it's great! It rides very nice. I'm a 38 with a back problem that keeps me from riding a regular bike. This was the PERFECT answer for me. I can ride with the kids and Hubby without any problems and without worrying about hurting my back while balancing a regular bike. The basket is great! You can fit a lot of stuff in it for a long bike ride (water,blanks, food, kites! A small sized dog could easily ride in the basket too!). Best part about the basket is that it collapses and folds onto its self so that it can be a flat "bed".
There was just a few items to assemble. Most of the bike was pre-assembled, which surprised me. You do have to put on the, steering wheel, front tire and fender, the rear tires and fenders, the foot pedals, and connect the rear frame with the front frame (two bolts) and a small drive chain--which was easy. The basket has four bolts to attach it to the frame and that's basically it!
One other point: It looks COOL! It has that beach cruiser look with a new twist.
Stop the research! Treat yourself, get healthier, get the bike, and cruise in Style! :) A++++

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2010, 4:07:42 PM PDT
Fred Herndon says:
Do you think this bike would be manageable for an 87 year old who does not have a lot of strength? Do you know how much it weighs?

Posted on May 13, 2012, 9:11:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2014, 1:25:48 PM PDT
Earth Mother says:
@Katy S

I'm buying this bike solely based on your review. I had an accident that totalled my car, and I can no longer afford to make monthly car payments, so I hope this will get me around this VERY small town fairly easily! Wish me luck.

Irene

Hi Everyone, Just editing my post to say that I have this beautiful, candy-apple red trike in my carport, where it has been sitting since the day my son put it together last year. My daughter in law decided she had better try it out before I did, and next thing I knew, I looked down the street, she was hollering 'HELP!' as she flew off the bike, and it landed on top of her in a drainage ditch full of poison ivy, fallen trees and who-knows-what else.

When things settled down, my son said 1) The seat is too high for me. It really is. And 2) there is something wrong with the handlebars so that they are too loose and not controllable. He was going to fix it next time he got to come down. Well, they have been here about 5 times since then, and there she still sits. Now with 3 flat tires. She is still beautiful, just dusty. Sure do wish I could use it. And the motor/battery sounds good, too, and in the year that has passed, I have turned 70 and my knees have decided to hurt a lot of the time. Oh well.

Posted on Apr 23, 2013, 7:55:13 AM PDT
does it fold, so that it is transportable?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2014, 4:39:32 PM PST
blekenbleu says:
No, it does not fold.
Once the rear chain is installed,
disassembly becomes a hassle.

Posted on Apr 17, 2014, 6:28:53 PM PDT
Trend says:
Great review....thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2014, 9:17:15 AM PDT
Basha says:
Yes i know a few people in the 70-80 age and they love this one

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2014, 8:31:01 PM PDT
pat says:
do an electric conversion. front hub motor and battery pack in the basket.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014, 11:31:42 PM PDT
Jon says:
The seat has some adjustment up and down. The handlebars must not be installed right. Usually there is a bolt on the handlebars, and a piece that goes down into the frame. At the bottom of that piece, there is a part that expands when you tighten it, and that's how the bars attach. Did anyone ever get that bike fixed for you? I bet it's something simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2014, 8:08:44 AM PDT
Earth Mother says:
Hi, Jon,

No that beautiful trike is still sitting in the carport. If it only worked, I'd be so much more independent. I'm not crippled, or anything like that. I just have very bad knees, an inheritance from my Mom!! :>) Here in this very small town in Texas we do, believe it or not, have 2 stores where I could get most everything I might need, and although they aren't far, far away I still couldn't walk to one of them, get groceries, or whatever, and then walk back to the house.

Thank you for telling me about the handlebars! That sounds like something I could do by myself. Ditto for the seat.

I will let you know if I succeed!

Thanks Again, Irene

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2014, 10:54:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2014, 10:59:38 AM PDT
Jon says:
Irene. Sounds like your son didn't tighten down the handlebars correctly. Here, I hope, is a website address for Wal Mart. Scroll down and you will find the product manual and assembly instructions in a PDF file. Click on download. It will tell about installing the handlebars and adjusting the seat level. It'll alsp tell what tools you will need. One is a 6 milimeter allen head wrench. If this website address won't come through in this message, email me at birdmove@yahoo.com, and I'll email the address to you. Here it is, I hope:

Looks like it came through. You can just copy and paste that address into your internet website box on your computer, and go to that site, which is Wal Mart. There are drawings of the handlebars etc showing what you are doing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›