Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on August 26, 2012
I purchased a TX-NR709 from another big online company out of New York with a B and an H in their name. I had nothing but problems with that unit. I sent it in to a repair facility for repair and then back the factory for repair and each time it was returned it had more problems than when I sent it.

Talia Garcia is the service manager at Onkyo and she is the consummate professional. I was so angry I don't know how she kept her cool. I had nothing good to say about Onkyo and yet Talia managed to always have a positive reply. Ultimately it was decided that the TX-NR709 needed to be replaced and an offer was made to replace that unit with the TX-NR717, which as of then had never yet been sold. I probably received one of the first receivers off the new production line and the difference between the 709 and the 717 was immediately noticeable. I have had zero problems with the 717. The sound is great, the functionality is great, the menus far exceed those of the 709 and to top it off an iPad/iPhone can wirelessly stream music to the receiver with the free app available through iTunes.

I swore that I would never purchase another Onkyo product in my life after dealing with the 709, but because of Talia's professionalism I reconsidered and decided to purchase the Onkyo SKS-HT870 7.1 speaker system available here: Onkyo SKS-HT870 Home Theater Speaker System

If you have read bad reviews about Onkyo this new line seems to have remedied all of those previous issues, adding new enhancements and I believe that you will thoroughly enjoy this new receiver.
1515 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?