29 of 39 people found the following review helpful
Happy overall with purchase,
This review is from: Miracle Blanket Baby Swaddle Blanket, Green with Beige Trim (Baby Product)
We bought the Miracle Blanket when our son was 3 months old. We had been swaddling him in Halo sleep sack and Kiddopotmus swaddlers until he started to break out of them. He is now 4 months old and we have been using the Miracle blanket for naps and at night, however we are starting to transition him out of swaddling, so he always has one arm free of the swaddler.
1) The fabric is lightweight, so it is great to use in warmer weather
2) It is easy to swaddle only the arms, leaving the legs out of the bottom sac
3) When we swaddle our son perfectly, he stays swaddle all night without breaking out of the swaddle.
1) It is hard to perfectly swaddle a squirming baby ;) and if we haven't made sure each arm flap is smooth and covering his entire arm, he often breaks free of the swaddle in the middle of the night.
2) Our son kicks his legs out of the sack almost immediately, now matter how tightly we swaddle him. This isn't a huge issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning
The only other suggestion I would make is to purchase a pattern. We have the green with off white trim and it has a few stains on it from leaking diapers. I think having a pattern would hide these spots better.
Overall I would say this was a good purchase. Considering the cost, I would have bought it sooner than 3 months in order to get more use out of it but having used it for 4 weeks now, I am happy with it.