Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 10, 2012
The Web Designer's Roadmap is a look at the creative process of creating a web site. The author gives insight into how design studios move from initial client request to finished product. As the road map is a tool for the traveler, this book is a tool for the web designer. The book includes a look at the historical design themes that provide a foundation and basis for contemporary design.

My personal observations. The book does not contain code examples or detailed how to instructions that invite the reader to follow along with their computer. As such it is an easy read. It contains useful information about the creative process and some of the history of design. The book is written from the perspective of a designer working with a team in a design studio. My personal situation does not align with this perspective, still I found useful information. The hidden gem in the book is the links to other resources. Here I found tools that I can put to use. I found the text to be verbose at times. My reaction was make a point, support it with facts and move on. The text seemed to ramble with a tangential disconnectedness.

Summation: This book was not what I expected. Despite that fact I found valuable information contained within. For others, this book may be exactly what they need to improve their design process. I thought is was a good book, just not a great book. That is simply my opinion. Your's may certainly prove to be different and that is quite OK. I would recommend it to someone that wants to examine the creative process of web design.

Disclosure: I recieved a free e-book copy for review purposes.
What's this?