Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on October 28, 2011
I bought this because the 1 year sub was up on 2011 and I was able to get 2012 for cheaper than sub for another year for the 2011 version.

Install was easy but I don't see much of a difference in what 2012 offers than what 2011 had. There are a few things I don't like about 2012:

1. It scans my system a lot slower.

2. No option to totally turn off autoupdate like you could in 2011. Can turn off auto but pulse updates turn on then and gets greyed out so there is no way to have them both be off at the same time. I like to update it manually liked I did 2011 but can't now.

3. No way to turn off quick scans like you could in 2011.

4. Seems to load slower at start up when set to "aggresive" but 2011 started right away.

5. When you click on settings or any of the options the software takes longer to respond. At first I didn't think I had clicked right and tried again but it took a few seconds to respond. Future tries have the same results.

6. Constantly bugs you to sign into your norton account if you click on update and then the page has script errors and no way to turn this off. Only option is to sign or click remind me later which takes several tries and the first click on remind me later doesn't make it go away and instead just refreshes the page again.

Other than these issues it works but wish I had stayed with 2011.
1010 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.