BCA Month Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on October 27, 2011
I really enjoyed Tamar Adler's book. The tone of it, and how she is so kind to all involved - eggs, beans, or us poor helpless things lost in the kitchen. I felt like she was taking me by the hand to show me that cooking is not daunting, that it is just part of everyday life. I only need to start water boiling, or pick up where I left off, and follow the thread of continuity.

I have a collection of unread cookbooks for kitchen-challenged people. I tried to use them but I could just not get into them, as if they were trying to fix a problem I didn't have. But this book is a beautiful read in itself, a true book, not only a collection of recipes. It shows how to look at things differently, as if she were just whispering to us, "you've known it all along". I don't need to learn from these cookbooks, I can cook already, enough to get started. And the idea of always using ends to feed beginnings, nuts roasted in the cooling oven or pasta turned into a frittata, is very appealing to me, almost poetic.

This book flows with wonderful ease and a sense of elegant clarity all along; and it finally got me cooking regularly where all the others had failed!
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?