Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 4, 2013
Absolutely loving the start to book 2 so far! In particular, I'm glad that we've gotten to get away from Republic City for a bit. After all, part of the charm of The Last Airbender was getting to travel around with the Gaang, and see the different architectures and cultures of the four nations. I also enjoy the dichotomy of light and dark represented in the spirits, and alternatively expressed in the civil war between the Northern and Southern Water Tribes. More than anything else I notice a lot more humor in this season. The platypus-bear pooping money, and the demented quasi-romance between Bolin and Eska had me dying. Thus far we are only four episodes in, but I'll be editing this review as the season progresses with my continued thoughts. Based on what I've seen so far alone this season deserves the 5 stars I gave it. Absolutely love Avatar, and love Korra!

UPDATE 10/18/2013:

WOW, I just finished the two part episode "Beginnings" and I have to say that not only is this the best episode of Legend of Korra so far, it is also easily one of the best episodes in Avatar history, including those from The Last Airbender. This was truly some Hayao Miyazaki level, eastern mythological storytelling. In this episode we are introduced to Wan, the very first avatar, and how he became the bridge between the spirit and human world, as well as how humans gained the ability to bend the elements. It even clears up some plot holes from The Last Airbender about the Lion-Turtle. At first the stylized animation threw me a little bit, but mid way through the first half I came to love it.

UPDATE 11/16/2013:

I absolutely loved the finale. The spirit forest was my favorite part, it was like Miyazaki and Tolkien had a baby together. I wont go into too many details so as not to spoil it, but suffice it to say that the season absolutely does not wind down after The Beginnings. If anything it picks up speed. The final four episodes were absolutely fantastic, and so was this entire season. In addition to being introduced to some awesome new characters, we've been able to see some of our old friends as well. I'm definitely going to be picking this season up on Blu Ray, and I would encourage anybody who loves Avatar to purchase it on BR/DVD as well, especially those who stream it online, so as to show support for this awesome masterpiece.
33 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?