Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

on November 3, 2012
I think this show probably gets compared a lot to Chappelle's show seeing as K&P are black dudes and it's a sketch show on Comedy Central, but rightfully so. Chappelle's Show is my favorite sketch comedy show of the 2000s. That being said, Madtv was probably my second favorite. I remember when Madtv was still airing new episodes around 11pm on saturday and competing with SNL and even though SNL was more popular and usually had more viewers, I usually watched Madtv more. The sketches on there were just different than SNL and they really had some awesome goofy characters. I think K&P retain that goofiness from their Madtv roots while still addressing contemporary issues, such as politics and race, in an amusing and entertaining way that's neither offensive or trite.

I don't know if anyone feels the same way, and I don't mean this in any offensive way, but I think ethnic comedians, sometimes more with African Americans, have an act with their comedy. Such as they like to do race jokes against white people, jokes against their own black people, or something like that but I feel black people have a certain shtick. If you watch the Kings of Comedy with DL Hughley and the others, they all have similar style of comedy, but to me it seems very limited. It's not really goofy, silly, dumb, or outright racist, and I doubt Cedric or Harvey would ever do certain skits like Chappelle did about the black white supremist, but that's what I loved about Chappelle's Show. He had all styles of comedy, Prior and Carlin influenced stuff, contemporary black comedian influences, and then just downright silly and dumb. I feel black comedians try and uphold a certain reputation or class with their comedy. Chappelle just went all out and did the craziest stuff no matter how silly or stupid it was, everything was usually funny.

That's what I miss about Chappelle not being on tv anymore, but that's where I think K&P pick up the torch. Like a previous user commented below, their show runs in the middle of Madtv and Chappelle's show. It's a very smart show with a lot of interesting skits, but isn't afraid of being very silly and goofy and that's what I loved about Madtv is it was just ridiculous and, for lack of a better word, mad. K&P don't limit themselves to portray a certain image or stick to a certain style of comedy. They definitely have a lot of race skits but it's never offensive or obligatory since they're black. They just had one skit in their second season that just aired in their halloween episode about a zombie apocalypse and while they were running away from zombies trying to stay alive, they noticed the zombies weren't even interested in them, and discovered that they were actually racist zombies and weren't eating black people. I mean how ridiculous is that? That skit was hilarious, I'd have never thought of racist zombies.

Anyway, long story short. They definitely continue the style that Chappelle had on his show with the same kind of intelligence and creativity while still managing to be funny in every skit. I definitely recommend this show and whenever the second season comes out, you should buy it because it's been hilarious thus far.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.