Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 23, 2011
I bought this book based on the great reviews here, and the fact that my first child (daughter) is to be born in about a month.

I greatly appreciate the author's writing style --- helpful, not condescending, slightly humorous at times, personal, etc.

I would consider myself an intermediate photographer: been shooting with DSLRs for a few years, have studied various books/manuals on digital photography, frequently post process using GIMP. While I didn't really learn anything new in this book concerning camera settings (ISO, shutter, apeture) I really appreciate it as a refresher course on some things. Overall my favorite part of the book (and the reason I bought it) is the great example shots. They serve as a great jumping off point for shots I hope to get with my newborn.

I also really appreciate how the book is divided into months of life, making it a easy, logical read.

At $10 I highly recommend this book, and it even if you don't learn anything new from it it makes a wonderful coffee table book because who doesnt like great pictures of babies?!?!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.