Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

I like bridge cameras because most of what I'm doing with my camera is taking photographs of birds and scenery or taking up close shots of crafts and beadwork for my webpage. A bridge camera offers me flexibility without having to use a lot of expensive lenses and other equipment. This one does well for the craft and food photos, not as well for the distances I need for good bird photos.

What I love about this camera-

Great low light photographs! I don't keep my light box set up and sometimes I just want a quick photo for a project. This camera takes the best photographs I've seen of my crafts in my dimly lit computer room. I don't have to set up lights or use the flash.

Fast focus on moving targets- I tested this feature on performers at a fair recently. I was very impressed with how well it captured the motion.

Image stabilization- it works very well with this camera even when it's fully zoomed.

Size- For all these features, it's a fairly compact camera. My previous bridge camera was a lot bulkier.

Fantastic focus for macro photos of crafts, it's my new go-to camera for beadwork and other hobby things.

What I dislike about it-

Sometimes it doesn't auto-focus well, there seems to be a spot in the 4-5 range if you're trying to zoom in for a good closeup on something you can't get closer to, and if you're trying to focus on something that's a couple hundred feet away, it doesn't do nearly as well as my HS-10.

Colors can be a little too saturated which makes an almost illustrated effect on things at a certain distance. This is a plus for some people, but I don't like it.

Memory card placement- this is a minor quibble, but still annoying. I keep dropping batteries getting the memory card out. I prefer a separate slot for memory card.

In the package, it comes with 4 AA rechargable batteries and the matching value charger for them. It's intuitive and easy to learn how to use it.
It does feel more like a point and shoot than a bridge camera because it doesn't operate manually the same way that an SLR or my HS10 does.
Recommended for people who don't want to have to learn a lot about photography but still want to take nice photos. It's a great camera for hobbyists who want clear, macro shots of their crafts and hobbies.
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?