Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not an OEM charger but a fake - not resemble the posted pictures, March 26, 2012
I ready many of your reviews before deciding to buy this product from this supplier. When I first compared the price from this company to others, the price seem reasonable and not questionable that the product would be fake/counterfeit. I reviewed very carefully the pictures that was posted on this site with the OEM pictures provided by Sony and they represent identical. So I went ahead and bought this charger, along with the OEM battery. When I received it, first thing I did was to charge the battery that I bought with it so I can start using it. After 10 minutes of charging, the LED went off from the charger, so I thought it was done charging (I assumed that the battery I bought was initially charged by the suppler. I took the battery out and placed in the camera, turned it on and checked the battery gauge. It first showed that it was full (all bars), but then quickly after a few minutes, the bars started to drop. Eventually after 5 minutes or so, the battery is completely drained. So, my first reaction would be maybe I got a bad battery. I then used the original Sony charger that came with my camera to charge this battery. It took almost 2.5 hours to charge the battery to full. I then tried it out on the camera to see if the battery holds the charge or not and after about 1/2 hr of using it, the battery bar did not quickly drop like it was earlier. This made me to believe that the battery was not the problem, but the charger that I bought from M-Z. This time, I used my original OEM battery and placed it in the charger to charge. Same thing happened with this battery - charged for 10 min and LED light came off. I knew right away that I've got a bad charger. I took it off the wall and started to inspect it carefully and as I suspected, the back of the charger did not even look like any of the pictures that was posted on this site. I did some digging around and read about counterfeit chargers on eBay and surprisingly found this charger was listed as one of the them. I then contacted M-Z to return and they went ahead approve right away without asking any reason why. M-Z refunded everything back to me, except the return shipping, which I've been contacting them to pay, but they never reply back to my emails.

Buyer beware...there are lot of companies out there trying to fool you and take your money. Make sure to check them out on BBB to ensure they are legit. As for this company, I would NEVER buy anything back from them again. Its not about the money but the principle that I am so disappointed in them.

Also, I think Amazon should routinely check their sellers to ensure they don't ruin their reputation, as I am not as trusting the company as I've been because of this seller.

Hope you find this feedback useful.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 10, 2012, 11:17:47 PM PDT
rocketman3 says:
Amazon has to bear some the fault of this customer's lost and frustration. Amazon facilitated the sale by providing the seller access to Amazon customers. We all want to believe that sellers on Amazon are people of integrity. I am shopping for a new Sony DSC HX20V, case ,battery, charger, several memory cards,and larger case for it all. I have STOPPED shopping Amazon for this. I will use another photo supplier that I know will not rip me off. Their prices are competitive and their integrity is proven by my past purchases.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012, 12:00:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012, 12:06:07 AM PST
SCA-Family says:
The only way to ensure you are getting an original and authentic OEM product is to make sure that the listing shows that it is BOTH sold by and shipped by Amazon. If it is sold by or shipped by anyone else, regardless of whether it is sold by/through Amazon, the authenticity cannot be guaranteed. I will only purchase items, especially electronics and batteries, directly from Amazon. Avoid the third party sales! I have never had a problem with anything sold directly from Amazon shipped from their warehouse. Also, you will notice that from time to time Amazon runs out of a particular item. You will then see a third party seller in the listings place, until Amazon restocks and lists the item directly again. It would be helpful if reviewers listed the company they bought the item through, so we know who to avoid.

Posted on Sep 22, 2013, 12:05:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2013, 12:05:41 AM PDT
N. Coyan says:
Although I sympathize with your plight and completely agree that this was an unfortunate experience I must also add that this is not an appropriate place to put these comments. Reviews of the product itself belong here. The troubles you mention with a particular seller are valid and worthy of mention, but in their proper place. The seller themselves is the one who deserves the single-star review (or less, frankly) but they are not getting it here - the product is!! You would do far more good for the community as a whole by hitting the seller directly with negative feedback and/or filing a claim against them through Amazon. As you have not mentioned any particular seller it is impossible for others to avoid them without completely discounting ALL marketplace seller and this also impacts the community as a whole in a less than positive way. Although I am sorry you had to go through an experience like this with a dishonest merchant but to paint everyone with the same brush is vague, unfair and inaccurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2013, 12:09:10 AM PDT
N. Coyan says:
It would be far more helpful to attribute this negative feedback to the seller responsible for it, rather than the product itself. Telling people to avoid third party sales entirely is damaging to the community as a whole. Believe it or not there are some sellers, myself included, who believe in the motto, "seller be honest" NOT, "let the buyer beware"!!

Posted on May 13, 2016, 8:05:30 PM PDT
Imre Demech says:
Yes batteries, chargers, & memo cards are very popular sellers & the crooks know this all to well. I have bought bad memory cards from Amazon sellers, but did receive full refund. So watch out for just plain gone bad batteries, chargers & memo cards. Watch out for fakes, the biggest sham going on line buying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›