Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 31, 2007
I received these as a gift. I honestly wouldnt spend this much on MP3 player phones! They have a very even and balanced sound. Slightly bass heavy though. I had expected and kind of wanted the trademark sony earphone sound; solid and detailed with a sharp treble. At first these headphones seemed kind of dull sounding then I recalled that I had set my ipod's EQ to treble cut in order to tame the eardrum shredding treble of my previous phones (free Virgin airlines buds I was using after my other ones broke).
After I set the ipod to "flat" it sounded much better. These don't have a very hyped sound at all. It seems to be almost perfectly flat throughout most of the audio range! As I mentioned before, the bass is rather prominent. But this seems to be controllable by the position in the ear and the size of earbud cushion you use.
I like these so much I used them to mix some songs! (I am an audio engineer/musician) They are much more detailed than my Sony 7506 over the ear phones and easily rival my venerable AKG K240M circumaural (open back) headphones. An added plus is that they are very sensitive. Meaning they get louder for a given power output than most other earbuds. In fact I have to crank my laptops output down to the last volume notch!
This is great because this allows your headphone amp in your ipod/laptop/zune etc to not work so hard, which results in better sound overall.
If you can afford them, get them.
they look coool too!