Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on March 13, 2009
I live in Florida so it really never gets freezing cold here, but the wind can cut right through you if you don't have a few layers on. This Columbia fleece "sweater" is perfect. It is lightweight yet keeps out the wind, better than my sweatshirts ever did. And the fleece is soooo comfortable and soft that it feels downright snuggly. I am so impressed with this thing that I ordered two more.

I have used Columbia products for years. You can't go wrong...they are well-made and worth the money even though they seem pretty pricey to me and sometimes I have to save up. The construction of any product is amazing in that the company makes its reputation by making hiking/camping/backpacking/extreme weather clothing. And I know from my experiences that these items can take a beating and still come out looking great. From the pocket lining and seam construction to the ease of the zipper - even in wet and/or muddy condition - this stuff rocks!

My only caveat to future purchases is to remember to get one size larger than normal. I say this because I like to layer to keep warm and any outerwear should give you enough room to wear a t-shirt or turtleneck underneath and allow for room to carry stuff in the nicely zippered packets without being bulky. This particular "sweater" does a great job of that - its comfy and roomy and allows for movement and layering. And when the sun comes out and you peel off the top layer, it will stuff into your pack (a little bulky though) or under the front seat of the Jeep (don't tell Columbia...it washes up so nicely that you would never know) And because of this fact, I purchased a few more. During our breezy days, it goes everywhere with me. When zippered up fully, it's like wearing a soft turtleneck to keep the wind off your neck or going down your back. There is elastic at the wrists to keep wind out of there, too. And the length falls just at the hips and has two adjustable elastic ties that allow you to snug up the fit, again to keep the wind or cold out. So, the sexy-looking factor is not really there, especially when I'm layered up, but I am so warm and toasty that I can't help thinking that I look great and everyone else is jealous.

I recommend these "sweaters" highly and really anything else made by Columbia. Watch for sales through Amazon to pick up amazing deals because you won't be disappointed - even if you have to pay full price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details