BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 7, 2013
Well, I bought a Wii U during launch week and played it that weekend. Since then the thing has sat on my shelf collecting dust while I played my 360 or PC instead. Then I saw Pikmin 3...I've always heard good things about the Pikmin series, but never played any of the others. After reading the positive reviews on here and IGN, I figured "Why Not?" and went for it. This is the first Wii game aside from the staples of Mario/Mario Kart that I don't regret spending money on.

If you've read anything about it, you know the basics of the game. For me, its a fun balance of time management (need to get back to the ship before sundown), strategy (how do I solve this puzzle with the Pikmin I have...or do I need more of different types), adventure (exploring the planet looking for food, enemies, and treasure), and action (MINIONS....ATTACK!!!!).

When looking at the reviews I expected the battles to be pretty easy...and in general they aren't bad, but upon facing my first boss and losing every. single. pikmin. I had, I realized "hmm...there may be something to this after all." The battles aren't "Dark Souls", but they're challenging enough to make it fun.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I play the single player with my 7 1/2 year old son...with him acting as navigator holding the game pad map and me controlling the on-screen goodness.

Bottom Line: If you have the money and you think you might enjoy it, give it a try...you won't regret it. After all, who doesn't want to assemble a minion army and send them to do your bidding?
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?