Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 16, 2009
I upgraded from Toast 8 to Toast 10 because when upgrading to Mac OS 10.5, CD SpinDoctor from TOast 8 would crash when defining tracks. I figured that the newer version of CD SpinDoctor would work better with the newer operating system. The upgrade to CD SpinDoctor solved the crashing problem when defining tracks but introduced numerous other problems. The waveform after recording an album was nonexistent. When saving a file, CD SpinDoctor would only save the first 5-10 minutes of the file. The rest would be lost as well as the track definitions and song titles. There's a place where you can put in data about each track (song title, artist, track number of..., disc number of ...). The only data that I could get to transfer to iTunes were the title and artist. No other data was passed to iTunes. At one point, the crash reporter counted 45 crashes since the last report. (I've owned the software for about a week.)

The only way to get CD SpinDoctor to display waveforms correctly was to reinstall system software. (I still couldn't save files under any circumstances.) Then I upgraded iTunes to version 9, QuickTIme to version 7.6.4, and applied the Apple provided security update. The waveform display problem returned. (A third party program should not stop working when applying relative minor system updates!) Given all of these problems, CD SpinDoctor is useless and that program was the reason I upgraded. It's probably the best solution for converting vinyl to digital if the program would work correctly. (Other programs like Audacity also work well but become too complex when I want to just record an album, divide it into tracks, and sent the tracks directly to iTunes with the metadata intact.)

I did interact with Roxio Technical support with this and that was also a disappointment. I opened a trouble ticket, explained the problem and then explained what I had done to fix it. It was obvious that the tech did not read my ticket completely because the tech suggested I do what I had already had attempted and reported earlier. This happened on at least two occasions. I did speak with a live person once who was very understanding, listened and sent me several things to try. All did nothing to alleviate the problem.

Since CD SpinDoctor was not able to save any files, I was unable to try the other programs in the package (Sound Soap to clean up files, Toast to burn audio CDs). If the other software programs are as fragile as CD SpinDoctor, it doesn't seem worth my time.

I will be attempting a refund but based on other users' experiences, I think I'm in for a long road. I'll be going back to Toast 8 and just be defining tracks manually instead of automatically to avoid crashes.
11 comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.