Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 1, 2012
Having played games since the days of the Atari 2600, and even some Pong...I've been there, and done that. So it's hard to truly impress me. I love games, so I play lots of them and have fun with them, etc. But to really impress me, a game has do to something I've never seen before. And this one does that, and how. It complexity, depths, and breadth of a ginormous open world console/pc game, and puts into a console that you can play while sitting on an airplane, or in the car, or on the toilet...etc...etc. Stunning.

When the Vita launched, I would marvel at how beautiful Uncharted: Golden Abyss was while playing it...but this game is on a whole different level. Uncharted was very linear in scope, and so the technical achievement there isn't quite as impressive. This game though...it's truly like picking up a PS3, cramming it into a tiny little handheld, and playing it anywhere. The depth of the world in this game is stunning. I find myself ignoring the task at hand, and climbing to the highest tower, and just taking a few minutes to look around. It's breathtaking...and you can play it on the toilet! What a world we live in.

It opens up the idea that ANY game could work on the vita. They should totally remake arkham city for this system..totally.

As for gameplay, it's assassin's creed through and through. If you like those games, you will like this game. It doesn't really stray from the script there.

The plot is ok, and keeps the game moving along. Nothing mind blowing, but good enough. Aveline is an excellent character, with a great back story and I find myself rooting for her as I am slashing up red coats.

The multi-player, at this point...I just don't get it. It's a complete loss for me...I fiddled around with it, but just couldn't figure out exactly what the point was. It's kind of like Risk, but not exactly...strange choice, for sure. If it were up to me, I would have just left it out.

The only downside to the game are a few bugs, and some framerate drops when things get hectic.

Otherwise, what is there to complain about...it's a console quality game in the palm of your hand. If you don't own a vita, here's yet another reason to get one.
22 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?