Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on June 23, 2009
After much begging and pleading, I bought this set for my 9-year-old son who absolutely loves to draw with chalk on our driveway. Honestly, I expected to be disappointed.

The product consists of two pair of "3D" glasses and four large chalks, each composed of two different colors. In reality, the large chalks are simply two smaller ones stuck together which, frankly, are too unwieldy for little hands. No matter - the first time my son dropped one of the large chalks it broke in half, giving him the two separate smaller chalks to work with.

The instructions accompanying the package explain that, when viewed through the 3D glasses, "hot" colors (orange, pink and red) look as if they're higher than "cool" colors (blue, green). Explaining this to a kid who'd already envisioned what he wanted to draw wasn't easy, and he was predictably disappointed when his masterpiece didn't look anything like the television commercial.

Before giving up, I decided to try my hand on something simple: I wrote his initials in yellow (a hot color that "rises") and outlined each letter with a thick border of blue (a cool color that "recedes"). Serious WOW!!!! After that demonstration, both of us were hooked so we spent the morning coloring our driveway then, as the neigbhborhood kids came out to see, we let each of them try on the 3D glasses. They, too, all said WOW!!!

Before long, our chalk was running low so I decided to see if using plain sidewalk chalk (we keep a bucket of it around at all times) would have the same effect. Although less saturated with color than the 3D chalk, when viewed through the glasses it had the same effect. Keep that in mind if you order this: you'll want to hang on to your glasses!

As for cleanup, the product hoses off of sidewalks and driveways easily. It takes a little scrubbing to get the chalk off hands, though, but the kids had so much fun with this stuff not a single one complained about having to scrub.
0Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.