Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

on November 23, 2010
I went to play the dvd on my standard tv (I do not have a widescreen TV) and noticed black bars on the the sides of the screen. I am used to black bars appearing on the top and bottom of my screen (widescreen format), but not on the sides. I attempted to adjust settings on my dvd player, but nothing worked. I looked on the packaging and it says "Formatted for Widescreen Televisions". Are you kidding me? I now have to watch all of the videos inside of a large black box or buy a brand new TV?

This makes absolutely no sense. Even largely released moves might be "Enhanced for Widescreen TVs", but not specifically formatted for them. This is dissapointing as I cannot enjoy these videos as intended, because they are not being presented as intended. I could understand if this was a Blu-Ray release, but it isn't, it is just dvd.

I gave 3 stars for it being the most comprehensive collection...to date and I'll eventually get a widescreen TV. I still think it is absurd that these dvds were released like this.
33 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.