Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 25, 2012
I have to admit, when I heard they were re-doing Judge Dredd I was not thrilled. The Stallone version, cheeseball as it was, carried a lot of weight and honestly I didn't see where there was room for any sort of improvement given the source material. I'm not knocking the Dredd comics, I just did't expect anyone to have the will to translate them in any way faithfully to the big screen. Man, was I wrong. This film is dark, violent, gory, and unrelenting. It has not real morally redeeming moments. It is... almost perfect. Dredd, this Dredd, is a bad ass for the ages. Kudos to Alex Garland for a solid script. And kudos to Karl Urban for throwing himself into a role that no one is every going to recognize him for (literally, he's a frown with a helmet for the entire movie).

The other surprise for me was the cinematography. This movie is visually stunning in a way you just don't expect from a action movie like this. The visuals are balanced with a terrific sound track as well. The movie really draws you into the world the filmmakers were trying to create.

I don't know, maybe my initial doubts going in are clouding my judgement, but this was a stand out movie for me for 2012 and I can't wait to see it again on blu-ray.
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.