Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Revised Review - Happy Camper, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Chromo Inc 7" Tablet Google Android 4.4 with Touchscreen, Camera, 1024x600 Resolution, Netflix, Skype, 3D Game Supported - Pink (Personal Computers)
Updated Review on newest version of tablet:
Pro's:
-Budget Friendly
-Comes with Google Play installed
-Can download apps from the Play store
-Can hold a micro SD card to expand storage space

Con's:
-Slow response times.
-Poor quality camera.

Well, originally I was disappointed, but I'm not anymore. I recently received the new updated version of this tablet.

Wifi -
The first tablet I received, wouldn't stay connected to my Wifi router even though I was in the same room. This updated version however, is doing great. It stays connected to my router just fine.

Slow Response times-
Yes it is a slow tablet. Now this could be coming from a slightly spoiled perspective (iPhones, Kindle Fire, and desktop with i7 processor), but to me it's a little on the slow side. That said for the price, I wouldn't consider this a nail in it's coffin.

Poor Quality Camera-
Again I'm slightly spoiled when it comes to this aspect, but it does have a low quality camera (I believe specs state that the front one is 1.2 megapixels). That said, again for the price point this device is at, that is fine. My son (he's 3) loves using the camera to take pictures of himself and he doesn't care that the quality isn't there.

Random Restarts-
Woot! I haven't had any this time around. **Happy Dance** For those who didn't see my original review, I did have issues with the first one I received randomly restarting.

PC Connect-
Works great. It charges and stays connected so I can transfer stuff to and from the tablet. ~My original one, would connect/disconnect in a constant loop with only a few seconds at each stage. It was really annoying to hear a constant ding from my PC for the connecting/disconnecting.

So what's the bottom line:
This tablet works great for it's price. All the issues I had with the original one I owned seem to have been fixed in the latest updates to this tablet. I think this would be an excellent buy for someone who wants a tablet but is on a tight budget. It's not going to perform as well as the higher end tablets (the Kindle Fire does slightly better performance wise, but it doesn't have expandable storage), but it will get the job done.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 28, 2013 8:07:05 AM PST
I am having the same problem with the one we bought mu daugther. It isnt responsive. Have you gotten any resolve from the seller?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2013 9:46:25 AM PST
shadow2soul says:
I did get a response back. They asked for my order number and are possibly going to replace it for me.

Posted on Dec 28, 2013 6:25:26 PM PST
W. Mason says:
Wife bought this from friend at work; saw it delivered via mail. Brand new out of the box: Played with it a little on its factory charge. Day 2 it is unresponsive; no indications of life. A/C adaptor doesn't seem to fit/seat the hole slot properly. Plugged it into my laptop via USB: "USB device has malfunctioned". Will be returning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 2:11:45 PM PST
I now have a new dead on also - don't know if I can exchange it because it was a gift.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 3:38:43 PM PST
shadow2soul says:
I wasn't able to get mine exchanged. The seller ended up telling me I would have to go through amazon returns. Amazon gave me a full refund, but I was not given the option to replace the item since it is from a "marketplace" seller.

I would talk to the person who gave it to you and see if they can help you get it replaced. Goodluck :)

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 9:18:38 AM PST
Jasmine Lane says:
I bought this for my daughter , so she would leave my galaxy alone, I haven't had the issues of it not turning on and off , but the charge and the plastic framing fell off completely , I am going to return it and seek out another tablet for a child ..

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 8:26:01 PM PST
Aero says:
Hold the Volume + key down and then press and hold the Power Key down at the same time, within a few seconds you should get a menu. Choose the Reboot option by pressing the power key, if needed you can use the Volume keys to go up and down the menu. If necessary access the menu again and select Reset - this will reset the tablet to factory.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2014 7:55:57 PM PST
shadow2soul says:
I actually attempted that several times (after doing a google search about resetting the tablet and before contacting the seller) and it didn't do anything on the tablet I recieved.

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 2:09:18 PM PDT
This tablet is a piece of crap. I wouldnt even let my dog chew on this as even he deserves better. I ordered it for a gift LAST CHRISTMAS. They finally delivered it in FEBRUARY apparently it was lost with all the other Amazon gifts that got lost last year but they found this one and never has worked right, Piece of crap At least I got a full refund, after 2 condescending, ignorant emails(Seriously I wasn't even rude to them in the first place) from the retailer but Amazon made it right. but even free aint worth it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2015 1:04:44 PM PST
This happened with mine as well. Mine lasted about a week until in the middle of one of my classes, it became unresponsive. I plugged it in thinking it was dead as well. Charged it for over 6 hours and it was still unresponsive. I couldn't really tell if it was actually charging so when I got home I plugged it in a threw it under a pillow to see if there was heat coming off the battery. Sure enough, there was heat coming off the battery but the screen and all buttons were unresponsive. I found the online manual about how to reset it and attempted that. Still nothing. I tried to plug it into my computer, tried to plug in both types of chargers at different and the same time, and it still was unresponsive. Eventually I gave up trying to fix it and returned it on the 9th of January. I recently was told that I had gotten the full refund but am still waiting to see if that's actually true (due to the fact that it takes a couple days to register in my bank account).
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›