Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on April 19, 2009
Yes, the print quality is beautiful, but I'm not as overjoyed as the previous reviewers.

The printer driver alone is 245 MB. That's almost as big as my entire MS Office suite! WHY??? With few of its optional programs included (an additional 100 MB or so), it took a good 20 minutes to copy and install the software from the disk onto my desktop computer and complete the initial setup.

I had expected that once the machine was installed on my wireless network using my desktop, that our laptops on the network could simply detect it and add it with the Windows Add Printer function, if all they wanted was print capability--maybe by grabbing a small driver off the internet or from the machine itself. But oh, no. This thing has to be installed from the disk for each machine, and took 20 minutes each to install on our XP laptops, and almost 30 minutes on our VISTA machine. The useless completion bar sat at 94% for most of that time.

As I said in the header, the machine itself is noisy. A few seconds after each print job completes, it starts back up and clunks and whirs for 15-20 seconds, apparently chewing its way through some kind of self-adjustment/maintenance. I fear that this is not the sound of long term durability. I'm glad I bought the two year warranty.
1212 comments| 243 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.