Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kidz Bop All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 1, 2010
Oh this was painful to watch. I'm not joking. This is paaaainful!!! I used to enjoy watching Charlie Murphy's interaction and skits when he was on the Chappelle Show but standup is not something Charlie should be doing. At least, not by himself. Standup up is not easy to do. Watch this video and you will see what I'm talking about.

Watching this video was like watching someone who was given top billing at a comedy show when they should have been auditioning for open mike night. The jokes (stories) were long and definitely not worth waiting for the punchline or funny ending that was supposed to follow.

I truly can't believe a company is actually marketing this. Then again, some company out there marketted CDs for William Hung...

Sorry Charlie. I think you do your best when you work and play off other funny people. Stick to what works.

LarryB

I am adding this part of my review to what I wrote earlier. When I wrote my review, I noticed that Addicted2blogs had already reviewed this dvd and gave it high marks. I thought that was odd since my friends and I all agree that Charlie Murphy's standup routine in this dvd were terrible. If you google "Charlie Murphy standup reviews" you find a lot of people commenting that Charlie Murphy's standup routine was not that good. I had a theory about why Addicted2blogs gave such a glowing review for this dvd and searched around for what else he has given reviews on, the companies that distribute many of those movies and who else is joining him in giving reviews for the same videos. I did not note this when I first posted my review but decided to wait and see who else chimed in about this dvd. Then, up pops a review by "Hector" and what a surprise, he too gives high marks for this dvd. The funny thing about this is that I expected either Hector or another reviewer by the name of KnickKnack to give a great review shortly after Addicted2blogs gave his glowing review.

Addicted2blogs, Hector and KnickKnack always seem to give high marks to many of the same videos around the same time frame of each other. They don't seem to follow the trend many of the other reviewers give for some of those videos. The other thing that I find odd or funny about this is that these 3 reviewers (I'll call them: The 3 Amigos) mostly seem to gravitate to videos that are released by 2 specific studios. Those studios are "One Village" and "Image Entertainment". As a matter of fact, if you look for the video "The Hip Hop Project" you will find 3 of the only 4 reviews it was given were by.... (oh here's a shocker) Addicted2blogs, Hector and KnickKnack. The 4th reviewer gave a 5 star rating for the following reason "Didn't end up keeping the product; the customer service on the sellers end was fantastic.". "Didn't end up keeping the product" doesn't sound like a glowing rating for the actual video, does it??

Then there's the video "Friday: The Animated Series". Surprise surprise, both Addicted2blogs and KnickKnack gave it great reviews on the exact same day (December 11, 2009). What a coincidence huh???

Another video called "A Mother's Prayer" also received high praise from, what's this... "The 3 Amigos" again???? Yes, that's right, Addicted2blogs, Hector and KnickKnack all gave high marks for this. Feel free to go look up the reviews on this video as well. You will see that most of the reviews were not so favorable. I personally like the review that begins "Are you KIDDING ME?" with a one star rating. Oh, and by the way, Addicted2blogs and KnickKnack just happened to give reviews on November 3rd, 2009. Wow, they both gave their reviews on the exact same day again, just like they did for "Friday: The Animated Series"??? This is beyond coincidence. It's like they've got this psychic bond they share or maybe it's a case of one of those Twins separated at birth, they grow up like 15 miles from each other and they both marry women with the same first name and they both have children with the same name. Somebody call "Ripleys" cause this is just way beyond coincidental.

Is it purely coincidence that these 3 reviewers all just happen to keep watching and reviewing the same movies??? Or could there be some connection between these 3 reviewers and the 2 studios that are marketing all of these movies that the same 3 people keep offering glowing reviews for. I'm not saying it is. I'm not saying it isn't. What I am saying is there seems to be a lot of coincidence when it comes to these 3 "Reviewers" and these 2 "Studios". Are there other reviewers out there that I haven't connected the dots on yet who review movies released from these same 2 studios? Again, this may just be the most incredible coincidence ever, or is there something else really going on here that's more than coincidence???? Things look a little suspicious if you ask me.

Hmm...

Larry B
55 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?