Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 1, 2012
I purchased this camera (in the purple/violet shade, as shown) this spring, when my trusty six-year-old digital Samsung tired out and the lens kept sticking. At the same time, I purchased a DSLR. I've been quite pleased with both my DSLR AND this camera-- but as far as value for the money, this Panasonic Lumic DMC FH-8 really goes the distance.

I love all of the modes (especially the sunset mode, the food mode, the baby1 and baby 2 modes), and the video is pretty great quality and easy to use. I also love that the on/off button and the switch for switching between shooting mode and viewing photos already taken are so easy to operate.

The main advantage of this camera is its lightweight body. The main reason I purchased this camera (after researching for months, reading reviews both online and off, and surveying many friends and students about cameras) is that it combined a compact body with a higher MP count. The photos from this camera are excellent, especially for a compact camera. It's also great for travel-- which was my second requirement for a new camera, as I was making a trip across the country to visit and to take pictures of my new niece. :)

An extra perk is that the flash on this camera works well but doesn't tend to make my loved ones blink, as (unfortunately) the more powerful DSLR flash tends to do.

This digital camera also does well in low-light situations.

One of the very few drawbacks of this camera is that it tends to need recharged quite often-- although I must admit that my old compact digital camera was only 8.1 MP, so "quite often" might be a relative statement. It's easy to recharge, but if you travel quite a bit, I'd say to either pack the charger with you or to take an extra, charged battery.

Overall, this camera is a solid five and a great value for the money. I'll continue to use this camera (as well as my DSLR) to capture photos of my darling niece as well as travels for years to come, as it packs well (into a purse or a carry-on bag) and so easily records those impromptu moments I'd hate to forget. :)
22 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.