Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2012
This was the first book I read on my IPod Touch. I was worried I would not like the format but found it relatively easy.

At the beginning, I did not care for the book - I found the first chapters disjointed, moving too fast with too much information. And throughout the book, I was distracted by the use of two First Person voices and 1 Third person (omniscient) voice. I think it might have been easier to have 1 first and two third person voices.

I had made a commitment to finish the book so I kept reading. And I came to appreciate it. There are parts of this book that are hard, but they feel very real, especially the way the dysfunctional family is dealt with.

There is one way I didn't like the book - we are never told who the Rose was that Eli loved. So I am left questioning that relationship.

Because of the strong lesbian characters, I would suggest that my lesbian book club read it but we have women who still insist on paper copies.
What's this?