Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 26, 2011
I spent a few hours trying to choose the right USB hub and I believe I made a good decision with this one. I personally think that for 7 USB hubs, this is a very affordable product! I've had it for almost a month now and haven't experienced any problems with it. My regular use for it includes my mouse, headset, flash drive, and drawing tablet; it definitely has enough juice to power all three. However, if I want to plug in my iPhone, I have to unplug one of the devices. Not a big deal for me though because I'm more accustomed to charging my iPhone via wall socket and I don't find myself needing to sync my phone too often anyways. Lastly, the hub is much smaller than expected. It's really not much bigger than a credit card.

In reference to two problems addressed by other reviews... I personally love the blue lighting the hub features. It's not bright to the point where having it near my laptop is so distracting or bothersome. I enjoy using it as a nightlight and it goes well with the soft blue light my cooling pad also emits. It's also nice that it blinks when I have too many power-hogging devices plugged in at a time. As for the weight of the hub; it is indeed very light and I can see where it becomes a problem for some people. For me, it's not because when I have it plugged into my laptop, I have the cord wrapped up with a twist tie. So the cord is short enough to not be moved around.

An important thing to note, however. The USB cord that Amazon recommends you buy with this hub is not to be used to connect the hub to your laptop/desktop. Hopefully you can understand why this was perceived but that USB cord doesn't fit the hub; it's actually made to fit a USB to a printer or another device with the same sized plug. The hub comes with its own cord to connect it to your laptop/desktop and it measures in at ~6 ft./70 in./178 cm; a pretty generous length in my opinion.

Lastly, the hub is Mac/Windows compatible.
It doesn't gain heat.
And it doesn't emit any type of noise.

A great product at a reasonable price that definitely earns my recommendation! :]
What's this?