Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 16, 2011
Bought these my first week of college to spruce up the dorm after checking with my roommate and put them up over the course of three days in between school work and catnaps. The first time I turned out the lights after finishing the pack I heard this little 'Oh wow" from the other side of the room and my flatmate was hooked. Word spread and soon people from other floors were asking for night time tours and my neighbours have bought this same set, too.

The stars have an amazingly good glow time, a good deal longer than the few I started with, and the verity makes for a very nice galactic scape. The stickers didn't get on the ceiling (because that would be against hall rules) but they look awesome on my laptop and school books.

Pros: Great verity of both shapes and sizes; tonnes of stickers to play with; great glow time; comes with adhesive tack; versatile; durable; good quantity of each shape (2-4 of the funky ones like planets and moons); comes with a star chart booklet for you to make actual constellations.
Cons: When they say '700' it's counting about 400 stickers, leaving about 300-ish actual plastic stars; they look a tad odd during the day because you can see the tack through the thin plastic; nowhere near enough tack; book doesn't have Southern Hemisphere summer chart.
Neutral: The smallest stars are really quite small, about 1/2 inch 1.5 cm; some of the shapes took some imaginative tack placement to get them to stay because of their, well, shape.

I'd definitely buy these again (I might have to; my roommate is saying she wants her side done up now, as well). It's moderately educational thanks to the booklet, but it's definitely targeted at Americans/Europeans (hence the no Southern Hem. summer chart). The stickers last FOREVER, as well, as, while putting up my stars, I kept running into stickers that were probably from this set that had been painted over because they wouldn't come off (they still glow, too; just scrape the paint off).

On the whole, a wonderful product assuming you get an additional pack of poster tack/mounting putty/sticky tack by any other name.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?