Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on December 27, 2013
Ok, so who wouldn't look twice at this title?!? Jorge Cruise's most recent book about healthful eating aims specifically at women over 40. This is my first experience with any of his many best-selling healthful-eating books, and I got sucked right in as his target audience. Over 40? Yep. Female? Yep! Interested in working with hormones instead of fighting and denying them? You betcha!

I learned from this book that scientific research on healthful eating plans uses male subjects because the female hormonal system fluctuates so much. This plan embraces what others have feared.

Simply put, we need to cut sugar to lose weight. (Oh, and carbohydrates really are sugars--read the book for a thoroughly understandable explanation.) But at the same time, we need more sugar than we used to, to maintain natural happy levels. (Serotonin naturally drops as we embrace this stage of life.) So, it turns out that we need to decrease what we need to add. Um...what?!?
Jorge Cruise addresses this in Happy Hormones, Slim Belly. He calls it a Women's Carb Cycling program, in which two Slim Days are followed by five Happy Days of eating. Not only are there extremely do-able and user-friendly menus, shopping lists, and recipes for a four-week regimen to get you started, but there is also a supportive and expansive online component that we can sign up for. The claim is that I can lose up to 7 pounds the first week, and 2 pounds weekly thereafter--guaranteed! In addition, it is simply a healthful eating maintenance lifestyle.

Oh, and this works for the men and families in our lives as well.

I wasn't looking for a diet plan, it's just that addressing the female fortyish fare resonated with me. After reading this, I plan to follow it as a healthy experiment.

...But not until after the holidays, as my friend Sara Tonin and I already have some girl time planned! ;)

I received this as my choice of book title from Hay House in exchange for my honest opinion of it. No hormones were harmed in the making of this review.
33 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.