Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on November 6, 2012
I completely shave my head and face. I've been doing it for about 12 years with a double edge safety razor. Between showering, building a lather, shaving with the grain and then shaving against the grain, the whole process would take 40 minutes or so. I got sick of it. So I researched the hell out of electric razors and went with this one. I read a lot of review that said the shave was just as close as a razor and that it handles all kind of hair. I've had it for about 5 weeks now.

What I like:
Very quick. I can shave my head and face in about 10 minutes now. I love that part.
Easy to clean. Just pop open the three heads and wash them out.
Charge holds longer than I need it to. I'll shave and set the razor down wherever or I'll bring it to work for a few days and it's never been close to getting low.

What I don't like:
For me, it definitely doesn't get razor close. I loved shaving with a razor and having that super smooth feeling. This razor doesn't achieve that. After I shave with the electric, it feels the same as 6-8 hours post razor shave. Just a very light sandpaper feeling.
Some irritation in neck and back of neck. I could never use a plain Mach III and regular shaving gel as I would get some pretty bad irritation. While this isn't near as bad, I still have a little irritation on the back and front of my neck.
Razor misses some of the neck hairs. No matter how often I go across them, I always have a few random hairs on my neck. It does fine with my face and head, but it has problems with the finer neck hairs. I end up using the trimmer.

I should also say that some reviews have problems with areas right below the nose. I didn't have this problem. Right above my ears was a little harder for me, but I made it work. A lot of people also complained about the trimmer, but I didn't have any problems with that either.

All in all, it's not a bad razor. But it definitely wasn't as good as I was hoping for. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I'm keeping it, but I had a $100 amazon gift card so the price didn't hit me as much. I was debating between this and a linear foil razor. Maybe I made the right choice or maybe I made the wrong choice but it's not bad enough for me to try another one.
11 comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.