Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on September 9, 2011
I studied the Keurig machines and others for over 2 months before deciding on this one. My main fear on the Keurig was the unbelievable amount of bad reviews for the water pumps failing. Their home systems (especially the platinum) seem to be plagued with this issue, yet this unit and most of the other commercial units appear immune. The downside to going with the commercial unit is they are not compatible with the "My K-cup". Do not despair.. there is a solution!

My experience:

I purchased a B145 from the local Staples for $129.99!! I unwrapped my new beauty and filled it full of water per the instructions. My heart sank as the just out of the box unit would not prime. I figured I must be doing something wrong and called Keurig. They confirmed the unit was defective... right out of the box!! Not happy, but I thought I would give it one more go. I took it back to Staples, who happily exchanged the item. This time success. The unit works great and I have had no other issues in the month of ownership. Use of filtered or bottled water highly recommended to extend the unit service life. Unit has a 1 year warranty from Keurig so I am very happy with my purchase so far.

Those who complained about the noise surprised me a bit. It does hum and buzz a bit I admit... but it lasts what.. maybe 40 seconds while it fills with water. Really? .. seemed a bit silly to me.

Now, the big win here... I was willing to trade the inability to use the "My K-cup" for a reliable unit, but found the eKobrew reusable filter for Keurig here on Amazon. It works great with the B145 and I recommend it if you want to use your own blend of coffee.

For what it is worth... that's my 2 cents.
4040 comments| 652 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?