Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 4, 2011
Italian Racing Bicycles. The People, The Products, the Passion. 40 Historic Brands.

* It's a book of memories. 40 years ago I bought my first Italian bicycle, a Torpado (it was bright yellow). Then a Bottecchia, a Colnago, a De Rosa (red). Masi, Pinarello, and Somec came into my life. the book is not only about frame builders, but other Italian bicycle-industry companies and stories. Cinelli double-toe straps. Universal center-pull brakes. I look at the images and my life on two wheels replays in my mind.

* It's a book of history, with details of some 40 well-known Italian companies. Background I didn't know about when I first bought those bicycles; background that fills in gaps, brings even more warmth and color to the brands and my memories.

* It's a gorgeous coffee table book, with many high-resolution color photographs--where the detail of every tool-stroke comes into relief. Where classic Italian design and style can be appreciated, even by those who don't have a cycling background.

I am happy to add it to my library.

Reviewer's note/disclaimer: The publisher sent me a review copy. I was not paid for this review.
I'd buy a second copy as a gift for a friend.

Arnie Baker
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?