BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 17, 2011
I've got lots of tool and thus, lots of toolboxes. I've got big ones that seem to hold just about everyhing. Medium ones that hold most everything I'll need for a big job away from home. And I've got little "satellites" for little jobs around the house and anywhere else.

This one is by far my favorite satellite. It's a big honkin' box that's sturdy enough to support this 220lb man, but is deceptively low on storage space. I'm not saying it's too small, in fact, it stores everything I need for an average job, but nothing more. I forgive that lack of space because it frees me from needing a separate footstool, since it is its own stool. It feels very stable under my feet too. no creaks or wobbles on flat surfaces. On uneven surfaces, it doesn't flex which is comforting.

The bright red color makes it hard to miss. Gives it a Craftsman look, if that's what you're into.

But I do have some reservations regarding the durability. For instance, the metal locking tab has been bent on the job for one reason or another several times. I can see where the wrinkles are forming in the chrome. Every time I bend it back, I wonder if that's the last time. Once that tab breaks, there's nothing holding the lid closed. That won't affect its ability to hold tools or support my weight, but it'll make it annoying to carry around. I'm prepared to use a luggage strap or something if/when that tab gives. That makes me question the rest of the box. So far, there are no other signs of failure, but it makes me wonder.

But all in all, I really like this box. So much so, I bought another one in gray. I prefer the high-visibility of red, but I needed a different color so I could quickly differentiate one set of tools from the other.
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?