Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 12, 2010
This product is very good. I follow the directions exactly and mix it with water.. I havent tried mixing it w/ jelly or honey or anything else, as some others have suggested; the whole reason I bought this was because I wanted a lower calorie, lower fat alternative to regular peanut butter, so for me, mixing it with 150 calories worth of jelly doesnt make any sense.

In any case, this is definitely NOT exactly like regular peanut butter.. the consistency is a little different, but I suppose you could adjust that to your own liking by adding more or less water. Also, you can definitely tell that this is a lower fat product than regular peanut butter; I mean, when you take a tablespoon of regular peanut butter, you can instantly taste and sense the richness due to the fat content, and when you eat PB2, you definitely notice the difference. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, just different. Its almost the same as if you are used to eating super premium, high fat ice cream, and then one day you switch to low fat; the low fat may still taste very good, but because you are so used to eating the high fat stuff, you will instantly notice a difference-- however, once you get used to it, it wont bother you.

I would say PB2 is the same... its definitely NOT the exact same taste / texture as regular peanut butter, but its still very good. it has a very fresh, "clean" taste. in my opinion, its DEFINITELY worth the compromise, considering the huge amount of fat and calories in regular peanut butter, and how much healthier PB2 is in comparison . I have cravings for peanut butter just about every day, but up to now, I have only allowed myself to eat regular peanut butter about once a week, due to the fat and calorie content... but now, since finding PB2, I allow myself to have it whenever I want it.

By the way.. I tried the PB2 Chocolate version-- I ordered a sample from their website-- it was OK.. not fabulous, not bad. to me, if I am going to really "go for it" and eat chocolate peanut butter anything, its not going to be a low fat version, because its just not worth it. in other words, if I had a craving for a Reeses peanut butter cup, chocolate PB2 would not satisfy that craving. On the other hand, when I have craving for regular peanut butter-- in a sandwich or right off of a spoon, regular PB2 will satisfy that craving without wrecking my diet. Bottom line: if you arent sure whether or not you will like this product, go to the Bell Plantation website and spend the four bucks and order a sample, and give it a try, then you will know for sure before you commit to buying 4 jars plus shipping. ( and folks, the shipping costs almost as much as the 4 jars, so make sure you like this before you order it! )

My final verdict is I am pretty sure I will be replacing regular peanut butter with PB2 for as long as they keep making it, and will probably order it by the case in the future to save on shipping.
40 helpful votes