Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 9, 2011
I am an older non-traditional student launching myself through a second degree - Cell Biology and Biotechnology. I have heard so much negative press about Organic Chemistry that I was petrified. Turns out I love Organic Chemistry! I found Dr. Klein's "Organic Chemistry as a Second Language, First Semester Topics", 3rd edition, before I started orgo in the Fall. It has been a life saver - 94 on my mid-term - and I only ran into trouble when I discovered that the first semester topics we were covering were not all in that book!

I went ahead and pre-ordered the "Organic Chemistry as a Second Language, Second Semester Topics"! Glad I sat down and looked at it! All the topics I was missing in the first book are actually in this one. So, my school simply has topics arranged differently than these books do! (We're jumping around in a textbook.) May be the case for you as well! It is well worth the cost to buy both of them BEFORE you start orgo. I was through many chapters before class even started and I found that it was a great help to know where we were going and to have a background in the material before class even started! Dr. Klein's explanations are simple and progress logically, as do the problems. Fortunately, I ordered the second semester topics before the final exam for first semster. I will be able to take some holiday time and review all my first semester topics, (including the ones I thought were missing)in Dr. Klein's books.

Do yourself a huge favor! Get a head start by letting Dr. Klein help you by using these two small books! I would love it if these were the text books for our class! Thank you, Dr. Klein!!!
11 comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?