Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on March 7, 2012
After three weeks using this case with the iPad2:
This is a perfect starter case, particularly if you are gifting or new to the iPad experience and don't yet know what features you'll really want in a case. It protects the iPad2 and allows for portable, versatile use.

NOTE: I have sensitivity to off-gasses. After opening, I had to place this case in another room to air out for a full day before I could use it comfortably. By the third day, the issue was completely resolved.

- It stands well, for viewing videos and slide shows. (Vertical landscape)
- The slight angle it provides by laying it horizontally (landscape) works surprisingly well for typing and swiping.
- It does not stand hands-free in portrait, but it is still lightweight enough to hold in one hand while swiping and tapping.
- The magnet in the cover works to sleep the iPad2 , as advertised.
- Protective and discreet (looks more like a notebook than an iPad)

- No portrait stand (I've missed it only a little)
- The simple tab in the back used to 'create' the stand will start to stretch out over time and create a less secure ability to prop the iPad2 for typing (though it should have no effect on standing it for viewing purposes). If you have a little velcro tab (office supplies), you can correct this easily.

I love this case. As I use my new iPad more and more, I'll have a better idea of the features I'll really want in a case -- and I fully expect to upgrade. But I don't feel the need to hurry. In the meantime, this case covers most of my needs and is inexpensive enough that I won't feel wasteful when I move on.

I paired the case purchase with screen protectors and a stylus, both of which are working well for me so far. (Screen protectors are tricky to put on - read the reviews for tips.) The stylus clips easily over the edges of this case; like a pen to a notebook.

Screen Protector:
myGear Products LifeGuard and SunBlock Screen Protector Films for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation - (4-Pack) 2 Clear and 2 Anti-Glare

Kensington 2nd Generation Apple iPad 1 and 2 / iPhone / iPod / Motorola Xoom Tablet / Galaxy / Blackberry Playbook Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen (White) Newest Model
11 comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?