Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 17, 2012
So just off the bat, the pre-order copy of this game was well worth it. I have always been a fan of great storytelling in a non-linear or, semi-linear fashion, to tell you the truth as long as there is an amazing story behind the game with graphics and function-ability to match, I love the game; that may be raising the bar but what the hell, why not? So when I first received my copy I installed it onto my Xbox 360 hard drive (makes the game play a little better), after waiting a few minutes I started it up. The opening cinematic to the game (before you press start) is the trailer of the assassin killing the king that many people have seen, seeing that to start me off was just awesome (tends to have more of an effect when it's not on a laptop), so by this point I am already sucked in, I believe it had something to do with relating with an earlier amazement, I then choose the hard drive and start the game. It starts with a linear story-line, which is kind of nice for entering a newcomer into the world of The Witcher, and for developing a little of the plot. The characters are somewhat developed and are well rounded at the beginning! On a side note, I have grown very tired of starting a game and having to guess at what the story will unfold into.
So far I have gotten to the first 'free-roam' area of the game. Took about four hours to get through the prologue (mind, if playing on an easier difficulty it will not take that long, probably two or three)-

Now for the pro's and con's:

PROS:
- Very well integrated story-line where your choices matter
- Control's make for very intense and awesome swordplay and archery, also magic
- Rounded and very deeply developed characters
- Addictive and interesting
- A perfect blend of strategy and action
- Graphics are stunning and beautiful and dark

CONS:
- The graphics noticeably load at times (but I believe that is because I have a six year old arcade Xbox console)
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?