Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 12, 2012
I thought this book was well written and although I wasn't a child actress I was raised by an emotionally and sexually abusive mother. I turned to alcohol and drugs at nine to cope and being genetically an alcohlic and addict it wasn't a phase, it almost killed me.
After getting sober amd clean thirty years ago ,and fourteen years of theraphy I have been able to get a life, but I still drop everything to read a book like Melissa Francis's memoir. The emotional scars my mother left on me will never completely leave me. I can forgive but never forget regardless of all the theraphy and prayer in the world. It's the ultimatw betrayal when someone you love abuses you as a child.
There isn't much written on the subject of girls being abused by their mothers. It's one of the big social tabu's still left, it seems. I admire Mellissa's courage and deeply appreciate this important book and subject matter.
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?