Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on February 23, 2014
Ongoing review...

I've had this camera for about a week now and I'm happy with it. I've been trying to capture some wild animals on my deck, but have never been successful. I've tried the Dlink 2332L and the HikVision 2CD2032 with no success to capture the animals. This Dahua has much better nightvision than the other cameras.

-Easy to setup. There is a slight delay from the time you plug it in and a flight of the red lights. This caused some concern but it does come on after 20-40 seconds. I'm currently using it with a TP link POE injector.
-The web software is much more straightforward and stable to use than the Hikvision. I didn't mess around with any firmware to be on the safeside.

-Comparison to the Hikvision 2032:
-On a perfect day with balanced lighting the Hikvision has better slightly better image quality. The Dahua has better dynamic range, meaning it balances the shadows and highlight better.
-The big differences between this and the Hikvision is the nightvision. The Hikvision in my opinion is almost unusable. It was full of noise and the range didn't feel as far.

The reason I picked this one up was that my Hikvision broke after 2 months and is being repaired. The POE stopped working on the Hikvision.

I'll try to repost over time regarding the Dahua, but so far so good.

I'm going with 4 stars for now, giving that I've only had it for a week. If it remains stable I would upgrade it.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?