Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on March 20, 2013
I noticed one reviewer pointed out that this player, doesn't support Amazon's streaming service. I wanted make people aware, that when you go into their premium services option, that there is a Amazon logo reporting that sometime in the future they plan on making that an option. I choose this player as LG has always been very good with supporting many codecs, and is a real solid player if you use DLNA, basically the ability to play compressed video and audio files on your computer's hard drive to your TV via you wireless network. I have a lot of family home video's video's and video I've downloaded from YouTube that I like having access to watch on my big screen TV. Another feature and I haven't tested this out, is in the past I found in previous LG players I've owned, you could often play DVD's that where in recorded in PAL, I have a few DVD+R with video encoded in PAL, which is basically the standard that most European countries particularly the UK use. So if you have friends living across the pond this feature can come in handy. I haven't tried playing any of my PAL dvds with this player, so it's something you might want to check out if that is your reasoning for choosing this player.

As far as speed this players is very responsive compared to a Samsung player I bought a few years ago, and it's faster loading the Netflix app that than my VIZO TV, and my former Samsung Blu-Ray. It does have the latest Netflix interface which is nice, so this is a very solid player. If I had a complaint regarding this player, it has a very limited number of apps, and services that you can choose from compared to other players. So if your looking for a fast solid not to expensive Blu-Ray player and plan on using DLNA, you could do worse. Sony I've heard is good at DNLA, Samsung is OK although the DNLA software that comes with it is very annoying as it goes in and relabels all your xvids and other compressed video files with an additional file extension that is very annoying if you choose to change to a different brand for your DLNA uses, because you have to go in a relabel them to make them play properly.
66 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?