Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 22, 2012
After reading Tina Seeligs last book "What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20" two years ago, I had to track down her personal email address and thank her for writing such a great book on fostering personal creativity. With this book, she really focuses in how to create an environment and culture that promotes creative an innovative thinking not just for yourself, but among employees and colleagues as well. With her two books, she gives an inside look at what she teaches in her creativity class at Stanford, and the lessons techniques she uses are very powerful!

I found her writing in this book so uniquely valuable for two major reasons:

Focus on creativity: In my own formal and self education, there has been a supreme lack of focus on creativity and imagination. Creativity is a tough metric to quantity and measure, and I'm afraid that most educators (and business managers - myself included) shy away from it for that exact reason! Once grading begins, assignments are tailored to become easily grade-able, via multiple choice tests and the memorization and regurgitation of facts, and our "creative muscle" atrophies. In the workplace, and in plenty of business writing, the major focus is on improving employee productivity on linear tasks. The last creative assignment I was assigned in a classroom was in the 5th grade (and I made one heck of a solar system project!), and I have never once been asked to come up with creative solutions in a workplace! This book has given me the tools (via Tina's techniques on leading brainstorming sessions specifically) to use to really change the attitude and culture of my own office to focus again on creativity, imagination, and innovation, like we all used so naturally when we were children!

Focus on workspace design: Tina has opened up my eyes to a key element of the "Innovation Engine" that had never occurred to me as important before: creating a workplace habitat to foster imagination! It is so obviously important, and yet it seems to be so widely overlooked! I am ashamed to admit that I have completely overlooked this element before, and It is something I know needs to change in my own office if I want to see better results and creative collaboration.

If you want to give your coworkers and employees the tools they need to begin creating new solutions - as opposed to the typical goal of getting them to just move faster - then this is the book you need to read!
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?