Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 5, 2011
For the longest time I was storing my coffee in the bag which the coffee came in. I got fed up with this as Starbucks seems to have switched to bags which rip easily when opening. I chose this canister based upon the looks and price. I don't care for the gimmicky CO2 flter which needs replacing. I view this as pointless and really just as a means of getting more money out of consumers with a consumable (this is how many companies make more money). To be honest, for the filter to work best, they would need to put it at the bottom as CO2 is heavier than air. I'm sure it handles some CO2 but not in any quantity to make a difference. The downside of this filter is that it does not provide an air-tight seal which is what is most widely recommended. I go through coffee fairly quickly and so I'm not too worried about this. The can does hold 1 pound of coffee beans with some room to spare. So far the latching mechanism works well. I have no intentions of using the filters and would not suggest that the presence of this filter system be the deciding factor (either way). Go for looks and price as all cans will be mostly the same.

Update Feb 07 2012

So I have had the can for half a year and it's still working out great! The latching mechanism is still solid and my coffee stays fresh. I did want to note that I was unaware that CO2 buildup was an issue for folks who roast their own beans (something I've never done but wanted to do). Therefore my commentary on the CO2 valve was unwarranted as it does serve a much needed purpose. So, it's hard to find any flaws with the can. I'm very happy and would still suggest this to anyone who's looking for a great storage can for their coffee.
1414 comments| 488 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?