Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 15, 2012
Having read "Fear of Physics" - I was very much looking forward to this publication.

Mathematics (not being my strong suite) has challenged me in reading similar works by other authors. However - Krauss is a master at explaining concept so those 'not-so-mathematically-inclined' individuals such as myself can easily follow along (my struggle with complex mathematics hasn't hindered my interest in understanding the concepts provoking it's need).

Krauss readily states (more than once) that research is only as good as the data (sample size etc. as well as the tools available to achieve them). Based on what has been discovered to date - he's painted a conceptual picture of the beginning of the universe / our relative state within it / as well as what's in store for us in the future - while still admitting there are many questions that have yet to be answered.

Having seen some of his presentations online and subsequently experiencing his quick-wit (or dry to some I suppose - yet - with none-the-less) I very much look forward to the same within his writing. I wasn't disappointed. Perhaps a bit more subtle than his video presentations online but - I suppose it's important to remember that he's not writing a fictional comedy.

I very much appreciated this book... I found it incredibly thought provoking - more so than any other similar I've read in the past. If anything - it urges to the surface what's really important... That is - our time is limited.... and - all the garbage/politics and religious provoked stupidity that occur daily here on our planet is such a waste.

Many thanks to Mr. Krauss for this book. I look forward to future publications and - highly recommend others pick this up for a read.
50 helpful votes