Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 28, 2012
Honestly, I had been trying to figure out what an iPad4 was. Well, this is essentially an iPad3 with a few improvements that I really like.
I already own an iPad2, but decided to upgrade to this because I needed to bump up to 32GB. That, and a deal on this iPad which was incredible convinced me to upgrade now. I still use my MacAir and my Dell laptops, but the iPad is my daily go to device and where I go an iPad is going. Great battery life and minimal problems make this a much loved convenience.
The improvements are not overwhelming, but the truth is I already love the iPad and this makes it better. I've always thought the screen image was very good, but this is an obvious step up. It is clear, bright and vivid with the improved retina display.
The iSight camera at five megapixels is very good, but I wasn't complaining about the pictures I took with my old iPad. Still, it is a nice improvement and it takes a much clearer picture than my old iPhone.
The new processor is really fast. I didn't think it was slow before but when I have a lot of apps running I've noticed that it is faster. You'll have to trust me on this one. I tend to run a lot of stuff at the same time and the old iPad was slower, but not to the extent that I found it irritating or irksome.
I like the new lightening connector which is an 8 wire adapter. Just me, but it seems less clunky. However, if you have a lot of Apple products that use the old 30 wire adapter, this may be a pain. I'm going to have to get another car charger/wall charger and I'll have to take two chargers to cover both adapter types when I hit the road.
Another thing I like is my personal secretary Siri. Depress the screen button and Siri is ready to roll. It is voice interpretive intuitive software that retrieves information. While this will probably seem like rudimentary artificial intelligence in a few years, I get a total kick out of it. It's nice to get directions or find out where the Sox are playing or get the earliest showing of a movie. Love it, though I am still playing around with it and probably haven't scratched the surface yet. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I've heard that the Suri software may be available for the earlier versions of iPad at a later date.
As for the size and weight, minimally larger but I'd be hard pressed to say this except I compared the specs.
Here is the thing. If you don't care about a better camera or a better display or a faster processing speed or having your own cyber slave to talk to, go with the less expensive iPad2.
I like Apple products. I have been using the iPad for two years now and it is fairly trouble free. The few problems I've had were the result of software upgrades. I am absolutely no techie type, but the problems have all been fixed with minimal grief.
This product is getting 4* because the differences between this iPad and its predecessor are slight when you look at the overall big picture. This takes a great product and kicks it up a notch or two, but it hasn't reinvented or reimagined the iPad.
Update: I am liking this better each day. The updated processor is nice but this also seems a bit more intuitive if it can possibly be so.
The imaging is incredible and the pictures this takes are amazing in their clarity and level of detail.
I found that my pricey Joby stand case, which was supposedly made to fit with my iPad 2 works with the new iPad despite very slightly different dimensions. I'm delighted that it doesn't have to be tossed.
The only problem I've encountered thus far was an upgrade to the software. This is Apple's problem since it screwed up our other iPads with the same problems, most notably with mail. There is a fix that I found on an Apple forum.
Love this, but it is still a 4* considering everything.
44 comments| 760 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.