Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

I like Ringo's work and I like these kinds of books. That was my biggest problem, as I read this book I kept asking myself, "Haven't I read this story before?"

There were some that definitely were new, and I liked the one based on the Freehold novels by Mike Williamson. However, I was expecting the book to be mostly new content and all I can say is that I'm sure several of the stories appeared before, perhaps in the There Will be War anthologies by Pournelle.

If you've read a lot of this type of material you'll probably find that you've read several of these stories too :(

Also, I thought the book said it was 400 pages...
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?