Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 5, 2011
I had never used bamboo cooking boards...so I used it for the first time...and the wood started peeling off! I washed it...and it shed worse. So I did some investigation. You have to cure the wood with mineral oil. When I say have to...I actually mean HAVE TO. BEFORE USE and often for the first month. Monthly after that. Wood is better for knives, which is why I got them, but be prepared. Use the mineral oil on it....before you use it.

Follow up: Over a year later...

I've had these for over a year now. They are doing well and holding up well. The first month was a little bit of work...but you can tell when they are starting to dry out and need to be re-oiled, I don't find it to be very high maintenance. I researched and from what I discovered, mineral in the drugstore section is the same things as the expensive ones made for curing bamboo. So I buy the cheap stuff and it works just fine. Just be sure to not leave the board submersed in water(my daughter did that on accident and the board warped, after a couple months it dried out and flattened again), and wipe off the extra oil after curing it.
4040 comments| 467 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.