Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

For almost ONE YEAR now, I have owned this tablet and it has run wonderfully for me.

Because I used it so much, I have tested thoroughly and found that it does have overall advantages. So as a techie, I tested this tablet out and below I will list what I have found to be the Pros and Cons of this tablet and have listed what I personally discovered. Then this will hopefully help you to decide if this is the right tablet for you or not...(By the way, to let you know,
Something to consider: If you are looking for a COMPACT VERY PORTABLE and lightweight WiFi only tablet (and do not need the phone part), consider this tablet. (This is my favorite size because I can carry in my purse, tote, gym bag etc so easily! While it does not have every bell and whistle installed on it, it is a good choice for: Checking emails, Getting Online, Looking at Pictures, Watching Home Movies.

Here are the Pros and the Cons below.

PROS:

1- WiFi connects easily and the signal is SUPERB in most places I tested. (Found the WiFi signal is VERY STRONG in my home and even in my backyard). This model has the strongest WiFi signal of any tablet or phone that I own! And it stays on the WiFi for long distances without dropping the signal EVER!
2- The advantage of having a SD card slot that will hold up to 64GB.
3- Small and lightweight. Comfortable to carry around and place in backpack or briefcase easily.
4- Micro USB Port - This is common in most tablets these days, but the older Tab 2 line did not have micro port but the propriety wider port.
5- Screen clarity - For me, I found this screen easy to read eBooks on and view internet pages.

CONS:

- 8GB internal storage - this it the advertized storage before Samsung added the OS, apps, Touch Wiz and because the OS takes up room, apps etc, take up room, the tablet just has about 4.7GB in the internal storage when you receive the tablet. No problem really I still have over 4 GB left on mine after all of my apps I added from Playstore.

Bottom line and Summary:

** Price and New to Tablet Person (or for a child/student) - For the low cost of about 160 (or less if used) dollars, this tablet will make a very nice FIRST TABLET or a TABLET FOR KIDS as it is a lower cost tablet that is easy to learn and has lots of features for the money. For just 160 dollars or so new, I find this a very good buy and this tablet may just be the one for you.

** Experienced Tablet Person - If this is NOT your first tablet and you want a higher end tablet, and want to spend just a little bit more say about 90 more dollars, then you may want to consider the Tab 3 8.0 with 16GB of internal storage and larger screen etc. Also there are many very nice 7 inch tablets out there to choose from that have better specs and better screen resolution and better internal storage.

If you are to have any questions about this tablet, you may ask me in the comment section and I will answer right away.
5150+ comments| 1,390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?