Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on October 29, 2009
What it's not - a camera that will work under any condition and deliver the same photos as a $500 or $1000 camera.

However for what it *is* this camera is a five star rating earned over four years using it. I recently bought my second one. Another reviewer mentioned about shake and it's true steady hands are needed especially when using the macro lens. For me the slight delay can be occasionally problematic. Yes it uses a moderate amount of battery - I use nothing but Duracells as I've found they just work better and last longer. With two discs I've taken upwards of 800 photos in a few days. For the cost of the camera it's excellent.

Photos taken with this little camera have won fair competitions and one was third in a national magazine contest! I've shot closeups with flowers and action shots of high speed dogs splashing into pools (it caught several mid air for some AWESOME shots!) and concert photos. The photos on my website were taken with this little camera and have gotten many excellent comments including from professional photographers. The cover of my book was shot with this camera. When my first one died I was lost - and in a hurry before a concert trip I really wanted to get photos at. I bought another one used figuring I wouldn't have to replace all the discs before the trip. On that trip I shot photos that have now appeared in a calendar.

For a low cost, first digital that is point and shoot sometimes on the run this is an excellent camera. Yes it has limitations next to the more expensive and versatile cameras but seeing is believing and there's hundreds of shots taken with this that have appeared in books, magazines and calendars. Will I upgrade to another camera? Yes eventually. But I'll sure keep this one handy and maybe a spare too.

I really can't say enough good about it. Excellent value, easy to stick in a coat pocket and go with. If you're looking for something for mostly outdoor shooting or some indoor use - you can't go wrong with it. If you have a good eye for light and photo structure you can get some excellent shots with it! If you're looking for something to be 100 feet away and zoom up to take a head shot of a person - in darkened conditions - may not be your best choice.

For a low cost, functional, results producing camera this one has absolutely earned a five star rating. I'd give it 6 if it allowed.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.