Lyft Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on May 14, 2009
I came into this book with great expectations. The average rating was decent, and the premise sounded fascinating. Unfortunately, not only did this book not live up to my expectations, it was so bad I wasn't more than 30 pages into the book when I became so disgusted I couldn't read another sentence.

First off, the writing, the worst part of the book. Most of the characters sound like stereotypical valley girls, constantly say words like "Like," and "Um," and "Wow." I could have lived with that. Unfortunately, the author seemed to have trouble conveying what she was imagining onto the page, leaving me utterly confused as to what was going on. For example, Dawn walks into a house, then into a random room, starts feeling horny, and then is conflicted over whether to be upset or enjoy the feelings. Huh? And then she blindly accepts that another character is psychic, without any real proof or a struggle to accept the paranormal. Dawn is supposed to be a tough stunt woman, but to me she sounds like an weak minded valley girl accepting that the world is flat just because someone else said so.

Pacing was another big problem in this book. Within 30 pages Dawn goes to find her father, gets "interrogated" by a paranormal guy who makes her feel horny, then goes on a completely random mission to discover why a dead guy is in a movie. To repeat- huh? If Dawn was trying to find her father, it would make more sense that she would be focusing on that. Instead she accepts a job offer and is whisked off on a ridiculous mission with no training or information as to what to expect. A great author would make this scenario believable; most decent authors would take at least 60 to 100 pages fleshing out the situation, building on a foundation to make the paranormal seem realistic, the characters relatable, the story engaging. Green did none of that, leaving me confused, annoyed, and ultimately so disgusted I refused to finish the book.

The "erotic" aspect to the book was completely ridiculous. To me it seemed like the author of "Moon Rising" tried to introduce the erotic to make the book seem more interesting, but it was so poorly written what should have been erotic came off to me as creepy and disgusting.

The problem with this book isn't the story itself- other authors have pulled off similar material. The problem for me is that the characters have no depth, the writing is confusing and rushed, and the characters sounded so juvenile I couldn't possibly imagine them being heroes. This book was overall a complete disappointment. I know some will question my review, since I didn't finish the book. But I have read enough great literature, good literature, and downright bad literature to tell them apart. So if you're looking for an erotic paranormal series, look elsewhere (like Laurell K. Hamilton). This book was a giant waste of my money.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.