Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Smartphone - six year smartphone user, May 17, 2012
This review is from: HTC One X, Grey 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Been using smartphones for last six years including blackberry, windows, and tons of iphones. But this is my first Android phone. Finally decide to try something new to replace my iphone4. Ice Cream Sandwich has a huge improvement from the last time research android phones three years ago. So far this phone is doing everything very well compare to my old phone.

Android has the Google Play store where you get apps, music, movies, etc. I tried out all built-in apps and they all work well except a few I didn't like. The HTC keyboard app is too crowd with options. Download the ICS keyboard. I didn't like the built-in web browser that much. Download the Chrome Beta. Chrome will be the default web browser on the next major Android update. The Chrome browser works just like the iphone one. All pinch-zone, double tap, and other gesture work. I set up the built-in mail apps, gmail, and yahoo to sync with my work Exchange mail and personal accounts. Only complaint is it doesn't have pinch to zoom on the email app for whatever reason. Not a big deal.
Calendar and contacts sync up up fine. All other apps Clocks, Alarms, Youtube, Google Maps, Music/Video player, Gallery, and Camera work very well.

The phone performs very fast. I played some HD 720 videos and it was fast and beautiful. Internet LTE speed is super fast like 30mbps per second. BTW, amazon only offer the 3 GB 30 dollar plan. I had no issues calling ATT after activation to swap it out and put the 15 dollars 200 MB LTE dataplan to save money. I have wifi at home and work.

The operating system is very easy to learn. You should feel right at home after a few hours. Also, search google if you want to learn how to do something. Android is very customizable.

Battery seems decent; With moderate usage in the morning, lunch time, and during my work breaks, I can get a full days use fine. As with most smartphones you usually have to charge it at least every day or other day.

I was certain that the phone would be too big in my hands. But that's not the case. My hands have gotten use to it and I can do most things with one hand if I wanted too. The back of the phone has a smooth curve surface with makes holding it very comfortable. Also, the phone is actually lighter than my old iphone4. Phone fits int he my front pocket fine. I don't use the case. On youtube people done scratch test. There were zero scratch on the screen and back of phone. So no cases is needed.

Charging phone with a/c wall adapter takes 2.75 hrs from 5% to 100%. That same charge on usb cable laptop charging takes 5.5 hours. just an FYI. This is normal cause the a/c outputs twice the amount of amps.

I haven't had any issues with the phone. My wifi works fine. Phone has not crash or locked up. Also, I have my phone encryption and didn't notice any slowdowns.

The three major phones Android, iPhone, and Windows phone now have polished their phone very well. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. It ultimately comes down to if you want to do business with Google, Apple, or Microsoft. Personally, I don't really buy paid apps or media so I have no attachments to any of them. Since I been using iphones since 2007 the new Android phone is definitely a fun new experience so far. Thanks for reading. See ya in 18 months when I get my next phone upgrade.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]