Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 25, 2012
I picked up this little beauty on Friday night and I have now had about 10 hours with it. I will say the picture out of the box was not hat great, but after tweaking it for a while and using the Picture Wizard I am very happy with what I have now.

For those that do not have a TruMotion option you will need to contact LG or whomever you purchased the set from and get a new one, as this option is available on my TV. Someone had mentioned that they already contacted LG support; I just wanted to confirm that the option is available on my 55LM7600.

I am coming from a 1080i TV, so the picture on this TV with my PS3 and the Blu-Ray disk of Casino Royale was more than I could ask for. The beginning of the movie has a ton of motion with swirling colors and a killer chase scene at a construction site. I saw no blur at all. It was smooth and flawless. I have watched this Blu-Ray many times on my other TV and all I can say is Wow. This was during the day and even with open window shades the reflection was minimal, from where I was sitting.

I was able to hook up to my network and view the content of all my devices. This includes a Windows Vista and Windows 7 PC and my EVO phone.

The online selection is vast and I was able to play with a few things. Google Earth looks awesome on this TV. I did not have the problems with Netflix that others are having but I am using a wired connection since I already had cable run for my PS3.

Someone mentioned that they saw flash lighting on the screen when they accessed the different apps, or changed the input source. I have that also but they go away right before the app or program starts, so it's not hurting my picture at all. I'm not sure why it does it but it does. During the blackest scenes I see no flash lighting at all.

The magic remote is what it is. I don't really have a problem with it except the arrow goes off the screen to fast for my liking and I am still looking for a setting to change that. So if you are reading something on the screen or trying to figure out which app to select if you don't move the remote for 5(?) seconds it goes off and you have to shake it again to get it back on. Other than that, I like it. Way easier to navigate around the menus than up up up, left left left left. Plus the scrolling wheel makes the navigation a breeze, especially when you are going through 1000's of pictures or music from your PC or phone.

The sound from the TV is fine for 10 watt tiny speakers. The sound bar helps a ton. I don't have a receiver that can handle the TV yet, so I was unable to try out surround and all that good stuff.

I was able to try out the 3D and it looks great. I really haven't tweaked the settings or played around with it much, but out of the box it looks good. And with the passive system you can actually lie down and watch it, try that all you active 3D people. Of course the glasses are light weight like the theater glasses and I didn't have any problems in the hour I was watching it. The 2D to 3D conversion seems to work well. I didn't see any ghosting or other anomalies while watching.

I was able to find the correct codes for my Xfinity (Comcast) remote control, so I can change the input source and move through all the TV settings without having to use the magic remote. Of course it is easier to navigate with the Magic Remote.

The sound bar does turn on and off with the TV, which is nice, but you can only control the volume with the remote that came with the bar. I have not tried to input the codes into my Comcast remote yet. On a side note the sound bar is blue tooth so I can stream music from my phone over it. Kinda cool.

I watched Hanna from the HD Cable source in the dark and I still couldn't see any flash lighting or problems with the set.

For me this was a great purchase and I'm very happy with the set overall.

Post any questions and I will see if I can give you an answer.
21 people found this helpful